ALMOST 1,000 PINNACLE FOODS EMPLOYEES VOLUNTEER DURING PINNACLE ACTS WEEK
Almost 1,000 Pinnacle Foods Inc. (NYSE: PF) employees will volunteer in their local work communities this week as part of the Company’s second “Pinnacle ACTs” volunteer week. Beginning today, Monday, May 2, employees from 18 Pinnacle Foods locations throughout North America will take part in various volunteer activities at more than 65 community organizations.
Pinnacle ACTs is short for “Action Changes Things,” and the Company’s efforts are focused on volunteering for causes that help individuals meet the basic needs of food and shelter.
“As a food company, we are uniquely positioned to take action to help those facing hunger and homelessness in our communities,” said Mary Beth DeNooyer, Chief Human Resources Officer. “We’re overwhelmed by our employees’ passion to participate and drive positive change in our communities.”
Examples of projects Pinnacle Foods employees will be taking part in this week include:
- Preparing and serving meals at various homeless shelters and soup kitchens including the Cherry Hill, NJ Food Pantry and the Stone Soup Kitchen in Lapeer, MI.
- Gardening and building sustainable farming solutions at an urban garden that provides equal access to fresh, local food at Grow it Green in Morristown, NJ.
- Building homes for people in need with Habitat for Humanity in Morris and Bergen counties in New Jersey and Lapeer County in Michigan.
- Stocking shelves and packing meal boxes at food banks and food pantries, including the Waseca, MN Food Shelf, the Food Bank of the Rockies in Denver, CO and Philabundance in Philadelphia, PA.
- Making home food deliveries for the Mattoon, IL Community Food Center and Meals on Wheels of South Jersey.
In addition to volunteering for a projected 3,500 hours, employees are holding various clothing and food drives at their locations and Pinnacle Foods is donating more than 1,200 pounds of food to organizations that fight hunger.